Lean Startup is an innovative approach to developing and launching new products or services in the market place. Lean Startup focuses on helping innovators eliminate waste through using a customer centred approach to developing new products and services.
This one day course takes a highly interactive approach involving presentations, interactive discussions and fun practical tasks that will be designed to provide participants with an experience of applying Lean Startup principles.
This course is for anyone involved in building new products. These can be software projects, physical products or services.
Whether you are from a brand new startup or a large established business, the course will provide you with sufficient knowledge of Lean Startup to give you a firm grounding in the methodology that you can then apply to your own organisation.
Lean Startup Principles
- Principles of Entrepreneurial Management
- Validated Learning: How to build a sustainable business model for your product by applying the scientific method.
- Build-Measure-Learn: The fundamental loop for validating, testing and iterating towards successful innovative products.
- Innovation Accounting: Using benchmarks and milestones to avoid vanity metrics and use actionable metrics.
- Engines of Growth: Paid, Sticky or Viral.
Lean Startup in Practice
- Testing the Problem Hypothesis
- Document Your Plan A: Using the Business Model Canvas
- Identify riskiest assumptions.
- Generate falsifiable problem hypotheses.
- Design research studies to test hypotheses.
Testing the Solution Hypothesis
- How to design a minimum viable product (MVP).
- How to test your MVP.
- Vanity Metrics vs. Actionable Metrics.
- The Anatomy of the Pivot.
Conclusion of Day
- Product Innovation is A Thesis.
- Open Q & A Session.
Lean Startup in a Day training will be delivered by Dr Tendayi Viki. Tendayi is the Principal Consultant and Founder at Benneli-Jacobs & Company, an innovation consulting firm that helps large organisations around the globe develop innovation teams and launch new products using the Lean Start-up methods. He is also an academic who teaches Organisational Psychology and Entrepreneurship at the University of Kent.
Tendayi has previously co-founded several companies including Tasksauce, Book Editions and Research Innovations. He mentors and advises startup teams for Rockstart Accelerator, World Wide Web Foundation, Start Igniter, Evolv and Lean Startup Machine.
Venue and additional Information
A big thank you to Gateshead College for hosting us, and providing lunch and refreshments.
This is a not for profit event. Payments will be taken through ignite100 and any ticket/sponsorship money remaining after costs have been paid will go towards supporting future startup community events.
Please note that all tickets are non-refundable, however you can transfer them, please just let us know.
Get your tickets via our Eventbrite page. See you there!